About this class
- Rally is a fun team sport that enhances the obedience skills your dog has learned.
- Teams move at their own pace through sets of stations, with dogs performing assigned obedience tasks.
- Great for dogs needing some help learning how to behave/perform around distractions.
- The focus is truly on the teamwork between the handler and the dog.
- Rally is a great stepping stone to the more stringent scoring criteria of Obedience and Agility trials!
Rally is all about teamwork. You and your dog move through a course with signs that indicate different exercised for him to perform. The courses include various moves and commands such as sit, down, stay, etc. Each sign displays a skill to perform such as turns or behaviors like sit, down, or stay. The dog and handler work together with a sense of teamwork and enthusiasm throughout the course.
You and your dog will enjoy working together in a class environment and the teamwork that Rally Obedience provides for YOU!
Rally Obedience training is based on beginner obedience skills, your dog should know the basics before entering the sport. A dog that can walk on a leash, sit, down, and stay will be very successful in Rally training.
Recommended for dogs 12-months old and up.
All Dogs must be current on all vaccinations. If your dog reacts negatively toward other dogs or people or has severe behavior issues, these classes will not be a good fit. Contact Understanding Your Dog for private sessions, which will be the better option.